In the implementation of the Programme, Union funding shall be granted following calls for proposals issued in accordance with Regulation (EU) 2021/697.
The Commission will appoint independent experts to assist in the evaluation of proposals and in the assessment of its ethical and financial aspects. Those experts must be nationals from as broad a range of Member States of the European Union as possible and will be chosen on the basis of their skills, experience and knowledge relevant to the tasks which will be assigned to them.
The Commission shall ensure that experts do not evaluate, advise or assist on matters with regard to which they have any conflict of interests.
The Commission is therefore establishing a list of independent experts who can be called on in connection with the European Defence Fund (EDF) for the following tasks:
- Ethics assessment of proposals
- Budget estimate assessment
They shall also have appropriate language skills, in particular in English, for the tasks to be carried out.
Field of expertise
The Commission is looking for experts with a high level of expertise and professional experience in a military context regarding the research and development of defence products and technologies or management of defence capabilities development projects/programmes in a national, European and/or NATO context in one or more of the following categories of actions:
- EDF thematic categories of actions
- Defence medical support, Chemical Biological Radiological Nuclear, (CBRN), biotech and human factors,
- Information superiority
- Advanced passive and active sensors
- Digital transformation
- Energy resilience and environmental transition
- Materials and components
- Air combat
- Air and missile defence
- Ground combat
- Force protection and mobility
- Naval combat
- Underwater warfare
- Simulation and training
- EDF non-thematic categories of actions
- Disruptive technologies
- Open calls for innovative and future-oriented defence solutions
- Ethics and financial assessment
- 6 augusti 2021