In line with the EU capability priorities outlined in the Strategic Compass, the Commission is today publishing the calls for proposals covering a total of 33 thematic topics and targeting a wide range of defence technologies and capabilities. These include:
- EDF-2022-DA, €510 M call for development actions
- EDF-2022-RA, €270 M call for research actions
- EDF-2022-LS-DA-SME, €36.5 M call for development actions dedicated to SMEs
- EDF-2022-LS-RA-SMERO, €17.6 M call for research actions dedicated to SMEs and research organisations
- EDF-2022-LS-RA-CHALLENGE, €25 M call for research actions for a technological challenge on hidden threats detection
- EDF-2022-LS-RA-DIS, €40 M call for research actions for disruptive technologies for defence
- EDF-2022-CSA-NFP, €1.5 M call for a coordination and support action for the EDF national focal point network
Potential applicants will find detailed information on the call topics and conditions to apply on the Funding & tenders (europa.eu) website. This will allow potential applicants to think ahead about R&D project ideas and how to forge winning consortia in the defence sector.
This publication follows the adoption of the EDF annual work programme 2022 part 2 adopted by the College on 25 May and of the EDF annual work programme 2023 part 1 adopted by the College on 7 June.
Stay tuned for the announcement of the calls opening scheduled for 21June and do not miss the EDF infoday and networking event taking place on 30 June – 1 July.
- Publication date
- 8 June 2022