The IHE1-1 Cubesat Project will provide the Horizon Europe Cassini In-Orbit demonstration/Validation (IOD/IOV) service with carriers based on European cubesats platforms, with a volume of 3U or 6U format.
The IHE1-1 Cubesat Project contractor will be responsible to specify and deliver all elements required to accommodate a set of experiments selected by the European Commission, in order to bring them into space and to allow for demonstration and/or validation purposes.
As featured on the IOD/IOV dedicated webpage, these activities include:
- System studies, at ground and space segment levels, including accommodation analysis of the IOD/IOV Experiments on the IOD/IOV Carrier and the compatibility analysis with the available launch solutions;
- Input to the launch mission analysis for the launch service provider;
- Manufacturing, assembly, integration and test of the whole IOD/IOV spacecraft on the basis of EU manufactured solutions including the selected experiments;
- Ground segment capabilities (facilities and operators) to operate the IOV/IOV mission;
- Management of interfaces between the different IOD/IOV experiments and the IOD/IOV carrier;
- Input to launcher interfaces;
- Operations of the IOD/IOV spacecraft taking into account the specific needs of the experiments;
- Delivery of the experiments inflight data to the experiment providers, with a right to use for ESA and EU.
This project is funded by the European Union and implemented by the European Space Agency.
- Publication date
- 5 September 2022