Following the publication of the Joint Communication on Space Traffic Management, DG Defence Industry and Space (DEFIS) is delighted to invite you to a hybrid conference on Space Traffic Management (STM).
The event is taking place in the context of the STM Pilot Project, which was initiated by the European Parliament. The conference will gather high-level and key stakeholders on space traffic. It will serve as opportunity to present the proposed key actions, followed by insightful discussions focusing on building an EU approach for STM.
The conference is scheduled for 23 March 2022, from 09h00 to 11h00 CET. The sequence will be as follows:
08h30 to 09h00 - Reception
09h00 to 09h15 - Opening session and initial remarks
Welcome and introduction:
- Marian-Jean Marinescu, Member of the European Parliament
Plenary keynote presentation:
- Catherine Kavvada, Director for Innovation & Outreach, DG DEFIS
- Joanneke Balfoort, Director Security and Defence Policy, European External Action Service
09h15 to 10h45 - Implementation of the recently published STM Communication
Debate on the importance of developing a common European approach on STM & international collaboration. A round of Q & A will follow each session.
09h15 to 09h45: Operational capacity aspects
- Pascal Faucher & Vincent Morand, European Union Space Surveillance and Tracking Consortium (EUSST)
09h45 to 10h15: Regulatory aspects: Rules & Standards
- Ward Munters, Deloitte-KU Leuven
- Rodolphe Munoz, DG DEFIS
10h15 to 10h45: International aspects
- Regina Peldszus, European External Action Service
10h45 to 11h00 - Concluding remarks
- Colin Ducrotoy, Directeur espace du ministère de l'économie et des finances, French Presidency
Participants are invited to attend online via INTERACTIO or in-person. The event will take place at the premises of the European Parliament, building SPAAK room 3C50, Rue Wiertz 60, in Brussels, but you will also be able to follow-it online.
We kindly request participants to register via the following EU Survey.
For participants willing to attend in person, please submit your registration no later than the 17th March. Please notice that, following the current COVID-19 measures in place, the auditorium has a restricted capacity of 100 people.
- Data publikacji
- 16 marzec 2022