- space policy
- Darmstadt, Germany
- Live streaming available
- ESA ESOCRobert-Bosch-Str. 5, 64293 Darmstadt, Germany
- Part of
- Event's webpage
The two-days workshop will explore the possibilities of increasing the networking of parties involved in the process of discovering, acknowledging and following up NEO imminent impactors as well as their atmospheric entry.
Building on the recent occurrence of the impact of 2022 EB5 on 11 March 2022, EU and ESA want to increase the level of coordination and cooperation between all those actors. This includes asteroid discoverers and observers, NEOCP object analysts, spacecraft operators and mission planners and fireball network operators. Goals of the workshop are to establish a network of related experts and a communication protocol to ensure that the relevant information about imminent impactors reaches all possible interested parties.
The workshop will feature four sessions as follows:
- New developments and updates to imminent impactor services
- Observatories and observation networks for imminent impactors
- Imminent impactor observation opportunities by spacecraft
- Fireball networks and other sensing capabilities