Upon receipt of the application
The Commission will assess your application on the basis of your expertise and the need for experts in specific areas.
You will be contacted within one month of your e-mail being received to let you know whether or not your profile matches the requirements (area and technical expertise) and needs (number of experts in a certain area) for the evaluation of proposals.
If your profile matches the requirements and needs, you will be invited to proceed with the next steps that include creating an account on the participant portal and stating your availability.
Interested recipients may submit an expression of interest at any time. However, early application is encouraged, in order to allow a timely selection of experts.
The European Commission will seek a balanced composition within the expert groups in terms of various skills, experience, and knowledge, geographical diversity, and gender. The purpose of this process is to make the selected experts as representative of the European community as possible.
- If selected, the expert will need to be in the possession of a personal security clearance at the appropriate level before appointment. Unless otherwise specified, the level of the personal security clearance of the experts shall be at minimum level of CONFIDENTIEL UE/EU CONFIDENTIAL according to the Commission Decision (EU, EURATOM) 2015/444. Such security credentials shall be validated by the Member State(s) in accordance with Article 15 (2) second paragraph of EDIDP Regulation.
- In order to ensure the independence of its work, the European Commission will require the experts to sign a declaration certifying that there is no conflict of interest, as outlined in the code of conduct included as Annex 1 to the expert’s contract (Model Contract for Experts), at the time of contracting and that they undertake to inform the Commission or the relevant funding body if any conflict should arise in the course of their duties.
- The tasks and fees will be fixed in advance for each expert in his/her contract (Articles 3 and 4 of the Contract for expert) and will apply automatically, depending on the number of tasks assigned.
- The evaluations of received proposals is planned to start in January 2021. However, the list of experts requested for evaluations will be established as of September 2020.
- Selected experts may be managed via the Funding & Tenders Opportunities Portal. By submitting this application, you agree to use the Funding & Tenders Opportunities Portal electronic exchange system in accordance with the Funding & Tenders Opportunities Portal Terms & Conditions.
- The personal data collected in the context of this call will be processed in accordance with Regulation No 2018/1725
- Your name may be published in accordance with Article 38 and Article 237 of Regulation No 2018/1046.
- EDIDP is added to the list of programmes in the “Programme selection” tab ("Who can see my profile") on the Funding and Tender Portal. As the Commission service collects and further processes personal data, it is subject to Regulation (EU) 2018/1725 of 23 October 2018 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data by the Union institutions, bodies, offices and agencies and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Regulation (EC) No 45/2001 and Decision No 1247/2002/EC. Processing operations are under the responsibility of the Controller.